The web view of Council document contents is for viewing and reference only. If you need or want a copy of the actual document, please click the downloadable file at the bottom of the page.
Sumter County Council
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - Held at 6:00 p.m.
Sumter County Administration Building
13 East Canal Street , Sumter, South Carolina
1. CALL TO ORDER – Chairman, The Honorable Eugene R. Baten
2. INVOCATION –Council Member Or Local Minister
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE -
4. APPROVAL OF AGENDA – January 24, 2012
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Regular Meeting Held January 10, 2012
6. LAND USE MATTERS AND REZONING REQUESTS:
Planned Development/Rezoning Requests
(1) RZ-11-13 -- Thomas Sumter Hwy. / Camden Highway (County) – Second Reading/Public Hearing -- Request To Rezone +/- 26.34 Acres From Agricultural Conservation (AC) To Residential-6 (R-6) And +/- 15.77 Acres From Agricultural Conservation (AC) To Limited Commercial (LC). The Property Is Located Between Thomas Sumter Highway And Camden Highway, Approximately 2,800 Feet North Of The Intersection Of Camden Highway And Thomas Sumter Highway And Represented By Tax Map # 188-00-02-038. (Prior To Action On Second Reading, Council Will Hold A Public Hearing On This Rezoning Request.)
(2) RZ-11-14 -- Gibbs Rail Site/Highway 521 South (County) – Second Reading/Public Hearing -- Request To Rezone +/- 110.18 Acres, Generally Located On Highway 521 Between Mooneyhan Rd. And St. Matthews Church Rd., From Agricultural Conservation (AC) And Residential-9 (R-9) To Heavy Industrial (HI). The Property Is More Specifically Identified By Tax Map #’S 252-00-05-023; 252-00-05-050(P); 252-00-05-051(P); 252-00-05-002(P); 252-00-05-042(P); 252-00-05-019; 252-00-05-039; 252-00-05-034; 252-03-01-017; 265-00-02-003(P). (Prior To Action On Second Reading, Council Will Hold A Public Hearing On This Rezoning Request.)
(3) OA-11-14 -- Public Utilities (County) – Third Reading – (11-751) – A Request To Amend The Sumter County Zoning Ordinance To Allow Certain Public Utilities As Permitted Uses In All Zoning Districts And Not Subject To Minimum Lot Requirements.
Street Name Changes – None
Grant Awards -- None
7. OTHER PUBLIC HEARING: None
8. NEW BUSINESS:
(1) 12-754 – First Reading -- An Ordinance Authorizing A Permanent Easement To Carolina Power & Light, D/B/A Progress Energy Carolinas, Inc. On Saint Matthews Church Road.
(2) It May Be Necessary To Hold An Executive Session To Discuss A Personnel Matter, Receive A Legal Briefing, Or Discuss A Contractual Matter And Appropriate Actions May Be Required And Taken Thereafter.
9. OLD BUSINESS:
(1) 12-753 -- Second Reading -- Ratifying The Existing Multi-County Park Agreement Between Sumter County, South Carolina, And Clarendon County, South Carolina; Ratifying The Existing Park Boundaries; Authorizing The Execution And Delivery Of A Revised And Restated Multi-County Park Agreement; And Other Related Matters.(Public Hearing Will Be Held On February 14, 2012.)
10. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
(1) Special Meeting Of Sumter County Council Held On Tuesday, January 24, 2011, At 4:00 P.M. In Sumter County Administration Building, County Council’s Conference Room– (All Council members are asked to attend).
(2) Report From Council Members On Other Meetings, Trainings, And/Or Conferences.
11. MONTHLY REPORTS
12. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
13. PUBLIC COMMENT
©2012 Sumter County South Carolina Government | All Rights Reserved