The GovDeals auction system is a convenient way for potential bidders to buy surplus and confiscated assets from governmental agencies posted to the GovDeals website.
Please, carefully review the appropriate "Help" information regarding bidding procedures at the GovDeals auction system website.
|Our Current Auctions|
|Sumter County Surplus Property, SC
Sumter County Surplus Vehicles/Heavy Equipment, SC
|Sumter County Forfeited Land Commission
Real Property, For Sale
|Sumter - Lee Regional Detention Center
Volunteer Inmate Manufacture
Items for Sale
Sheriff's Office Property
Please read & understand the Terms & Conditions. This document contains "specific" and "detailed" information regarding procedures, times, locations, contacts, stipulations and payment regarding the Sheriff's Office Seized/Unclaimed Property Auction Sales.
Read the Inspection; Contacts; Payment; and Removal information below carefully:
- Most items offered for sale are used and may contain defects not immediately detectable.
- Bidders may inspect the property prior to bidding.
- Bidders must adhere to the inspection dates and times indicated in the item description.
Inspection is by APPOINTMENT ONLY:
- Sumter County "Property Inspection/Viewing," inside the fenced area at Sumter County Public Works, is on Thursday's, between 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sumter County Sheriff's Office (Seized/Unclaimed Property) Viewing: Call (803) 436-2757 to make an appointment.
- Public Works Administration Building, 1289 N Main St, Sumter, SC 29150. (436-2241)
Payment in full is due not later than 5 business days from the time and date of the Buyer's Certificate.
Acceptable forms of payment are:
- U. S. Currency
- Certified Cashiers Check
- Money Order
- Company Check (with Bank Letter guaranteeing funds – mandatory)
Checks shall be made payable to: Sumter County
You may make payment directly at Sumter County Public Works (Google Map Link(link is external)) or mail/UPS/Fedex payment to the following address:
Sumter County Public Works
ATTN: County Surplus
1289 North Main Street
Sumter, South Carolina 29153
- In accordance with S.C. Dept. of Revenue Regulation or Law, Dealers, Wholesalers, Scrap etc., are Exempt (with proper licensing and verification).
- Private Buyers are required to pay S.C. Sales Tax at 8%, or $500 on items subject to South Carolina maximum sales and use tax.
- All items must be removed within 10 business days from the time and date of issuance of the Buyer's Certificate.
- Purchases will be released only upon receipt of payment as specified.
Purchaser's that intend to drive their purchase will be required to show a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Successful bidders are responsible for loading and removal of any and all property awarded to them from the place where the property is located as indicated on the (GovDeals) website and in the Buyer's Certificate.
- The Buyer will make all arrangements and perform all work necessary, including packing, loading and transportation of the property.
- Under no circumstances will Sumter County assume responsibility for packing, loading or shipping.
- Property may be removed between the hours of 9:00a.m. and 3:00p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays.
A daily storage fee of $10.00 will be charged for any item not removed within the 10 business days allowed and stated on the Buyer's Certificate.